Have you ever looked at a successful model and said, “I am just as beautiful as this girl so I think I’ll become a supermodel.”
I would like to clarify one thing and please listen carefully …
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A NATURAL-BORN MODEL!!!
Yes, some people have a natural beauty and some learn more quickly than others. I’ll agree that these attributes are important. But, I’ll say it again – There is no such thing as a natural-born model.
If you believe this, let me ask you a question. Do you believe there is such a thing as a natural-born surgeon? Do you think that the most famous surgeon in the medical profession was born to be a doctor? I guess when he was delivered the doctor who brought him into this world said, “Look!!! It’s a surgeon!!” I don’t think so.
For this man to become this famous surgeon, it took many years of education, internship, and watching other doctors before he was even considered to do actual surgery. I’m really glad he did, aren’t you?
And, even after all these grueling years this doctor still was not guaranteed to become well-known in the medical industry.
The point I’m trying to make is that, modeling can be a rewarding profession but it does require some effort on your part.
The following are some of the attributes of successful models ..
- Learning ability and intelligence
- Self confidence
- Willingness to travel and leave friends and family behind
- Good organization skills
- A healthy body and lots of get-up-and-go!
- A model who is comfortable in setting goals and not afraid to go after them with a dogged determination
- Resistance to peer pressure – Stay drug and alcohol free
- Don’t just read these attributes. Study them, learn them, and make them a part of your own personality traits. If you don’t have them at first, pretend that you do.
Remember, you will become what you think and the way that you act. You’re not lying when you say, “I am in the process of writing down my goals for modeling and on my way to becoming successful.” You’re just telling the truth in advance!!